Flexed is a car subscription service that offers terms from 28 days on some of the most popular manufacturers in the UK. The standard contract works on a rolling basis, with unlimited swaps within your subscription period. There is a 2-3-day turnaround on application, and terms available for anyone over 18 without insurance, over 25 with insurance, and Flexed also allow applications through Limited Companies, although the vehicles aren’t to be used for carrying goods or people for hire or reward.
How it Works
To apply, you can contact Flexed directly on the number on their site.
- Register by uploading your driving license and proof of address. Flexed will run a credit check and DVLA checks on your license. You must be over 18 without insurance, over 25 with insurance to apply.
- Cars can be delivered anywhere in the UK
- Choose a 28-day rolling contract or a 3-,6-, or 12-month fixed term, 1250 miles a month, excess mileage standard charge is £0.10p per mile.
- To switch vehicles, cancel or renew your subscription with Flexed, contact the office and they will arrange everything for you. If you are cancelling before the end of your term, there is no cancellation period.
Flexed offer to arrange insurance as a special bolt-on to your current policy. You can also name two extra drivers.
Costs and Fees
Flexed do not charge an administration fee or deposit. The costs quoted include insurance, breakdown cover, and maintenance, with reasonable wear and tear covered by your payment.
- Joining fee of £175.00+VAT
- Excess mileage £0.10p per mile
- Prices per month range from £249.99 to £1129.99
- Electric cars also available for no extra fee
- End of lease charges are assessed based on individual circumstances
- Credit checks are performed, and if your assessment is borderline, Flexed may ask for a refundable deposit
- Flexed provide cost guidance on BiK tax for company cars, available on their website
Brands & Models
Flexed offer a range of vehicles from well-known brands:
- Range Rover
Aside from this, Flexed also have a separate range of commercial vehicles, which are available either to employers or small business owners.
The standard notice period is 2 weeks. However, on the 28-day rolling contract, there is no notice required if you want to cancel at the end of any 28 day-period.
What’s Special about Flexed?
Flexed allow both individual and commercial leases (with the industry standard restrictions on the latter) and the option to go on to a 28-day rolling contract with unlimited car swaps offers a level of flexibility that isn’t matched by many of their competitors. The monthly mileages are generous and the penalty for exceeding those terms is not too punitive. In addition, the lack of deposit and availability to drivers under 30, coupled with UK-wide delivery and low-cost entry-level vehicles, means that Flexed has a mass appeal across the UK that sets it apart from many of its competitors. All cars on their fleet are less than 12 months old – 90% of which are under 6 months old.
Flexed have not yet released any service-related videos.
Flexed has an impressive range of vehicles, including hybrid and electric models. Their offering includes impressive nationwide coverage, flexible terms, and a willingness to engage on a commercial level. At the moment, their social media presence is limited, and the absence of an option to control the subscription through a proprietary smartphone app may put off some. However, the range of vehicles and prices means that there is mass appeal in the service that Flexed provides.