About Porsche Passport
Porsche Passport is a Porsche-run subscription service that allows customers access to the most recent models in the Porsche fleet. There are two price brackets, with the service being currently available in Atlanta, Las Vegas, Phoenix and San Diego.
As befits the reputation of the brand, Porsche Passport is designed to be a premium subscription service, with high-spec vehicles, a private concierge and no flip limits. There is also a high maximum mileage but a strict rate for excess mileage. You must be over 21 and have a clean driving record to qualify, as well as passing Porsche Passport’s credit check.
How it works
Porsche Passport customers must be in Atlanta, Las Vegas, Phoenix or San Diego and over the age of 21. You must have a clean driver record to qualify.
- Complete the sign-up and application process. Porsche Passport will then perform the standard driver and credit checks.
- Choose from the two packages and pick a vehicle, or ask the concierge to pick for you based on your needs.
- Allow 30 minutes for the first delivery, as the concierge will want to take you through paperwork. This isn’t necessary for subsequent subscriptions.
- You can keep the car as long as you like, although Porsche may recall after a few months for standard checks and valeting and provide another similar vehicle.
- To flip during a month, contact your concierge. More notice is better, though there is no stated minimum and no limit to the amount of times you can flip.
- At present, Porsche Passport customers can’t pause their subscriptions.
Cost and fees
Porsche Passport take a $595 non-refundable joining fee and the first month’s subscription up front. Customers have two choices:
Launch: $2100 per month
Accelerate: $3100 per month
The excess mileage charge is $1 per mile and there is a $1 million liability insurance policy in place, with $1000 deductible for drivers.
Brands and models
All vehicles are from the current year’s release and update with each new vehicle.
Launch: Cayman, Cayman S, Boxter, Boxter S, Macan, Macan S, Cayenne, Panamera
Accelerate: All launch vehicles plus 911 Carrera / S / 4S / Cabriolet / S Cabriolet, Cayman / S / GTS, Boxter / S / GTS, Panamera / 4S / 4 E-hybrid, Macan / S / GTS, Cayenne / S.
The Porsche subscription is month to month, with no fixed notice period (the more notice, the better).
What’s special about Porsche Passport?
The obvious: all the cars are Porsches. Often considered the ultimate in driving experience, the access to a range of new models and the combined concierge service will attract high-end customers who want to travel in style. All cars are from the latest range and come fully detailed, with high mileage limits and unlimited flips, meaning that for the enthusiast, Porsche Passport is possibly the most premium subscription service available in the US.
There is also good coverage for the service, with availability in Atlanta, Las Vegas, Phoenix and San Diego.
Porsche Passport offer a range of luxury vehicles to the high-end market, with the most expensive subscription tier at $3100 per month. For those who can afford it though, this is the height of subscription luxury, with 911s, Boxters and Caymans galore.
Unlimited flipping is an extra bonus, especially if you’re eyeing up soft tops for sunny days. But beware: the $1 per mile cost for exceeding the contracted 2000 miles per month is certainly punitive. Outside of that though, the joining fee, insurance coverage and service is in line with other premium subscription companies that are tied to large car firms – BMW and Audi, for example.