This service is no longer available.
Check out available car subscription offers.
inride is a D.C. based car subscription service with four different tiers, all of which represent the higher end of the subscription market. The range is wide, only including cars registered within 12 months of a contract beginning. inride focus on flexibility, with 30-day rolling contracts, prorated fees for up or downgrading, unlimited flips and rollovers for unused miles in the previous month.
The company also offers to buy second-hand vehicles and offers a day rate Vehicle on Demand service for customers not looking to commit to whole months at a time.
How it works
inride customers must be in D.C. and over the age of 21. You must have a clean driver record to qualify.
- Complete the sign-up and application process. inride will then perform the standard driver and credit checks.
- Choose from the four packages and pick a vehicle, or ask the concierge to pick for you based on your needs.
- Allow 30 minutes for the first delivery, as the concierge will want to take you through paperwork. This isn’t necessary for subsequent subscriptions.
- You can keep the car as long as you like, although inride may recall after a few months for standard checks and valeting and provide another similar vehicle.
- To flip during a month, contact your concierge. More notice is better, though there is no stated minimum and no limit to the amount of times you can flip.
- If you want to pause your subscription, up- or downgrade, or there are any problems with the vehicle, your private concierge will deal with this.
Cost and fees
inride customers must pay a $595 joining fee, following which they have access to four pricing tiers:
- Prime: $1599 per month
- Ultra: $1999 per month
- Supreme: $2499 per month
- Prestige: $4999 per month
The insurance is comprehensive, covering:
- $1,000 member responsibility
- $1,000,000 liability coverage
- $300,000 uninsured motorist
- $2,000 medical payments
The mileage limit per month is set at 1,500, but rollover mileage from the previous two months is acceptable, up to 1,500 extra miles. Thereafter, excess mileage is charged at $0.50 per mile.
Brands and models
inride have a range of cars in each tier, with some of the most prestigious brands on the planet available with the prestige subscription.
Sedans: Mercedes C Class, Lexus IS, Jaguar XE
SUVs: Mercedes GLC, Land Rover Discovery Sport
Large SUVs/Vans: Volvo XC60, Metris Van
Coupes / Convertibles: Lexus RC Coupe, Mercedes C300 Cabriolet
Sedans: Mercedes E Class, Lexus ES, Jaguar XF
SUVs: Mercedes GLE, Land Rover Discovery
Large SUVs/Vans: Volvo XC90, Metris Van
Coupes / Convertibles: Mercedes C300 Cabriolet
Audi A8, Mercedes S Class, Range Rover Sport, Tesla Model S, Chevrolet Corvette
Aston Martin Vantage, McLaren 570S, Bentley Continental GT
After the initial 31-day commitment, you can cancel any time during a month and your subscription payments will end at the end of that month. There is no given notice period for flipping.
What’s special about inride?
Not only is inride a premium service offering several high-end vehicles across four tiers, it’s also designed around flexibility. There are unlimited flips in a 30-day subscription but also a separate Vehicle on Demand service that offers day rates for a number of cars.
The ability to roll unused miles over month to month isn’t offered by its competitors, and inride also offer to buy used cars, making the switch from ownership to subscription easier for many. inride also allow pauses and up- and downgrading mid-term with prorated fees in every situation.
inride might be the most prestigious car subscription company on the market. Its top two tiers, while still in their waiting list phase, offer access to luxury supercars from names such as Bentley and Aston Martin, with a separate range of vehicles for day rate subscription potentially being a draw for one-time visitors to nearby D.C.
The company also offers good flexibility, with pauses, unlimited flips and the ability to up or downgrade in the middle of subscription months with prorated adjustments. Being able to carry miles over from previous allowances will also appeal to those with unpredictable schedules or upcoming vacations.