Subscribacar is an app-based car subscription that aims to cover every aspect of a customer’s needs within a single cost, which can include fuel and tolls if the customer so desires. The standard inclusions are finance, transfer, registration, repairs, servicing, insurance, and tyres. Customers can add a secondary driver and business use is also available on request, including for rideshare work like Uber or Lyft. Subscribacar also do not put any limits on use or mileage, meaning that the service is hands off and flexible.
How it works
As this is an app-based subscription service, customers can sign up and order through the app, as well as doing customer verification and arranging cancellation and return.
The basic restrictions are:
- Over 21
- A full, permanent driving license issued in Australia – although customers do not have to be Australian citizens
- No insurance refusal, license revoking, or claims in the last 5 years
Subscribacar don’t conduct credit checks.
There is no cancellation fee or milage restrictions, but customers do have to sign up to a 3-month minimum term.
Costs and fees
Subscribacar have aimed to make their fees quick and easy.
- Customers have to sign up for a 3-month minimum term and the one-off joining fee is equal to the subscription cost, so depends on vehicle choice.
- Customers can lump fuel into the fee they pay with the Subscribacar fuel package, which provides a 4 cents per litre discount at local fuel stations.
- For insurance claims following accidents or issues, there is a $500 excess.
- There are no cancellation fees at the end of the 3-month period and once that has lapsed, customers can cancel at any time.
- Other fees depend on state charges and duties but Subscribacar offer to help you pick a vehicle depending on your budget.
The Hyundai i20 is $145 per week at the cheaper end, and the Mitsubishi Triton is $250 a week
Brands and models
Subscribacar have placed their vehicle offerings into four categories to help customers choose. Each section has several different vehicles available, including:
- Nissan Pulsar
- Hyundai i20
- Suzuki Swift
- VW Golf
- Toyota Yaris
- Holden Cruze
- Hyundai Accent
- Honda Accord
- Mitsubishi ASX
- Suzuki S-Cross
- Hyundai iX35
- Fored EcoSport
- Mitsubishi Triton
- Ford Falcon
- Nissan Navara
- Holden Colorado
After the minimum 3-month subscription, customers don’t need to give advance notice of cancellation and there are no fees.
What’s Special about Subscribacar?
Subscribacar operate an app-based service that is similar to many of its competitors, but with a few extras. Primarily, the option to add fuel on as a lump cost is particularly helpful for businesses and the way that the vehicle options are laid out is accessible for people who want a quick and easy choice. The lack of credit check is a highlight, although it is becoming more common in the subscription market, and the level of flexibility is attractive, although that only comes in after the initial 3-month subscription.
Subscribacar represent one of the more modern methods of car subscription. The market is increasingly moving towards entirely self-contained app-based services and Subscribacar take that even further by offering a fuel and toll package in the monthly payment. The range of cars covers most needs, including large vehicles for transporting bulky items and the option for drivers to use their vehicles for business purposes, including ride sharing. The cars on the lower end of the scale are some of the cheapest available and while there are no real luxury options, vehicles lie the Kia Sportage will provide enough interest for customers who want a more luxury feel.